Maybe, you have always hired someone to make your home repairs. Now, it is just too expensive to do that and you have to fix the repairs yourself.
Whether you are remodeling your home or just making a few repairs, our website is here to help you.
Our site is about the home. It is about your home and mine and how to take care of them. So, bookmark this page and visit our site often. Please visit whether you need information or you just want to browse to see what is new!
We will be waiting for you.
IT IS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!
TIME TO TAKE CARE OF OUT-OF-DATE ITEMS
Below is a list that we think is very important to help keep us healthy and safe.
1. Toothbrush: If you cant remember the last time you changed your toothbrush, now is a good time to do just that! It should really be changed every three to four months.
2. Eye Makeup: Did you know that eye makeup is a breeding ground for bacteria? So please make sure you throw out that old mascara and eyeliner to guard against an eye infection.
3. Foundation Makeup: We are still in the face area. If your bottle is more than a year old, get a new one. We are talking about germs on your face!
4. Sneakers/Shoes: Have you had your sneakers, or any other pair of shoes, a year or more and they have seen good use? Are the heels of those shoes wearing down? If they are, that can be the cause of the pain in your legs and back. It is time to spring for a new pair.
In the Home:
5. Kitchen Sponge: Those old kitchen sponges should be changed regularly. I toss ours once a month. Even though I sanitize it in the dishwasher regularly. The dirtier a sponge gets, the more it can spread those nasty germs around the kitchen.
6. Baking Soda for the Fridge and Freezer: Remember the box of baking soda only pulls out so many smells. It is time to spring for a new box!
7. Bed Pillows: If it has been a year since you have bought a new bed pillow, do it now! Just think of your pillow being full of all those flakes of dead skin and the drool that trickles out of your mouth during the night. And OH those dust mites!!!
8. Water filters: They are under our kitchen sinks, in our refrigerators and even our water pitchers have them. They should be changed regularly to work properly.
9. Cedar in your closets: This is a fact that I didnt know. Cedar needs to be freshened up, whether it is a block or a full-lined closet. This can be done either by sanding or replacing.
10. Toilet Bowl Brush: Aw, the nasty toilet bowl brush. Even if you clean and sanitize regularly, spring for a new one to diminish the spread of germs.
11. Canned Goods in your Pantry or Emergency Kit: Now is the time to check your pantry and emergency kit for canned goods that are getting close to expiring. If you do not think you will be using them in the near future, donate them to your local food bank.
12. Bottled Water in your Emergency Kit: Swap out those bottles of water for fresh ones if needed.
13. Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: You dont want these bad boys to go dead on you. You are talking about your life here. Remember to change them in the fall and spring. One way to remember is to change them when the time changes.
14. Batteries in your emergency it: Check those batteries to make sure they are still good. It would be awful if they didnt have any juice when you need them.
We are sure they are more. However, this is a good start for making your life a little safer.