Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
Here are some tips for cleaning kitchen cabinets:
- Take what you have on top of your cabinets off and vacuum and/or dust. Put the items back on top of the cabinets if you choose.
- Wipe down the outside of your cabinets with a solution of mild dish soap and warm water. Rinse thoroughly with a clean cloth and dry with another clean cloth.
- For heavy build-ups of grease and dust on the outside of the cabinets, your best bet is a commercial cleaner designed to be used on your type of kitchen cabinets. Be sure to read the instructions before using, and test first in a hidden spot.
- Go through all your cabinets including upper, lower and cabinet drawers. Pull everything out, vacuum inside cabinets and wipe down the shelves. Replace shelf paper, if necessary.Again, use a solution of dish soap liquid and warm water to wash the shelves. Rinse thoroughly with a clean cloth. Then, use another cloth for a final drying. Leave cabinets open to dry for approximately 1 to 2 hours before .
- Before you put the items back into the cabinet, get rid of anything you do not use on a regular basis or need. Remove any mismatched items.
- Wipe down dusty cans and containers with warm water and dish soap on a dampened cloth before putting back in the cabinets. Throw away any items that have expired.
- Finally, reorganize your cabinet’s contents as you put the items back.