Cleaning The Bathroom Daily
Cleaning the bathroom can be a hassle. Here is a guide for daily cleaning that does not take long and keeps your bathroom clean and fresh!Bathrooms, unlike other rooms in your home, cannot be just picked up and still be considered clean. Here is how to keep your bathroom clean without spending hours scrubbing and disinfecting.This is also an easy guide to pass on to your children.
Here is what you do:
- Get your supplies together for cleaning the bathroom: As I mentioned in the kitchen cleanup section, having your supplies for cleaning together all in one place before you start your cleaning job is essential for avoiding distractions.So, gather everything you will need and get a basket or holder of some kind with a handle for easy carrying to put everything in with the exception of a broom, mop and hamper. Well, you get the picture. Keep the basket in a handy place close to the bathroom.Here is what you will need:
- A basket, bag, or box to put in clutter items that you are going to remove from the bathroom.
- Broom and mop (I use a Swiffer mop with the dry and wet cloths)
- A hamper (or whatever you use to hold your dirty clothes)
- A container for trash
- Disinfectant wipes
- Glass cleaner and a rag or paper towels
- Toilet brush
- Toilet cleaner
- Disposable gloves
Now to start cleaning the bathroom. I suggest cleaning in the order listed below.
- Dirty clothes: Put all the dirty clothing in the hamper. Now – stay focused. Only gather dirty clothes. Do not start throwing away trash.
- Items that do not belong in the bathroom: Pickup all the items that do not belong in the bathroom anf put them in a basket, box, or bag and return them to their appropriate rooms/places. Do not stop to reorganize anything in the bathroom, just pick up and return the items.
- Trash Gather together all the trash and put in it the trash container. Again, focus only on the trash
- Bathtub: Swip down the bathtub. Do this with disinfectant wipes. You just want to make your bathtub presentable. It does not have to be perfect.
- Toilet: Using a toilet brush and toilet cleaner briefly scrub out the inside of the toilet bowl. Again this is not full-blown scrubbing of the toilet. It should not take long if you are wiping down your toilet daily.Use disinfectant wipes and to run it over the entire outer surface of the toilet. Also, do not forget to use them to clean the toilet seat and cover. You can quickly wipe away the most obvious dirt.
- Bathroom Mirror: Use glass cleaner or vinegar to wipe down the mirror. Make sure you take a little extra time to get off all the streaks and film. A clean streak free mirror makes a bathroom look fresher and inviting.
- Sink and countertop: Wipe your sink and countertop with the disinfectant wipes. Also, wipe down the cabinet that holds the sink and countertop if you have one. The front of a vanity can get messy. This is especially true if it sits next to the toilet. If you have a pedestal sink, also wipe down the pedestal with the disinfectant wipes.
- Sweep and mop the floor: Do a quick sweep of the floor. If you have a Swiffer mop or something similar, it works great. Use the dry Swiffer cloth first and then the wet Swiffer cloth. It should only take a couple of minutes to complete.
- Put away your supplies: You are done. You did great!
Once you have a cleaning the bathroom routine down, you will be amazed as to how little time it takes.
Bathroom Mold and Mildrew – How to Get Rid of It Do you have bathroom mold and mildew? Here is a cheap and easy way to get rid of it.