Cleaning The Refrigerator
Cleaning the refrigerator gets a little overwhelming at times. Use these step by step instructions and it will take no time at all.
- Pull the refrigerator out from the wall being careful of not scratching the floor and then UNPLUG;
- Vacuum the coils in the back of the refrigerator;
- Sweep and mop the floor underneath.
- Check and see if you have a drip tray underneath the refrigerator. If you do, pull it out and wash, dry and put back.
- Wipe down the outside sides of the refrigerator;
- Plug it back in and push it back in place.
- Clean off the top of the refrigerator, wash and dry it.
- Have a trash can next to you and throw out any foods from inside the refrigerator that have expired.
- Put the contents you are keeping on the counter.
- Take out the shelves and drawers and wash them in warm soapy water and rinse well. Remember to be careful with the glass shelves. Sometimes they can be awkward to handle.
- Wipe down the inside walls, including the top and bottom, of the refrigerator with a mixture of baking soda and water before replacing the shelves and food. (4 tablespoons baking soda to 1 quart water).
- Repeat h) through k) for the freezer.
- Finally, wash the outside doors of the refrigerator.
Now you have a fresh and clean refrigerator inside and out.