The Curved Shower Rod – Installing is a Breeze
Have you ever stayed at a hotel that had a curved shower rod that made you think that the shower was larger than it actually was?
I have seen these items for years and could not find them at the local big box stores. So, I thought they must be an item that the hospitality industry had a lock on.
Basically, the shower rod curves out from the tub about six to eight inches giving the occupant in the shower more shoulder room. A standard rod is 60 inches long and the curved rod is 62 inches long. So, you can still use a standard shower curtain.
The installation of a curved shower rod is very straight forward:
- Take down the old shower rod.
- Install the new brackets. The brackets should come with the rod.
- If the location is okay, put the new brackets in the same spot as the old ones. This will reduce the repairs to the wall and any paint matching.
- Screw the new brackets to the wall with some substantial hardware as you do not want them to pull out.
- Attach the curved rod to the new brackets.
- Finally, hang the shower curtain on your curved shower rod.
Now, enjoy the extra room in your shower with your curved shower rod.