Hydrogen Peroxide the Wonder Product
Hydrogen peroxide is a wonder product and at the same time is very inexpensive. I received an email about a year and a half ago with all the below uses. It was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana.
– I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors do not tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars.
– Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe). No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle).
– Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of hydrogen peroxide to keep them free of germs.
– Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
– After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
– I had fungus on my feet for years until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.
– Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
– Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.
– If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
– And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so its not a drastic change.
– Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus or other skin infections.
-You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
– I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.
I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising, Im glad there is a way a save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner.
Disclaimer: We have not tested or evaluated these claims. They arrived to us via email. We, however, think they are very interesting. Also, even though the term “peroxide” is left in the article in some places, “hydrogen peroxide” is the correct term.