Daily Kitchen Cleaning Tips
Here is some kitchen cleaning tips to make your daily clean-up take only approximately 15 minutes. Following these kitchen cleaning tips will help your kitchen stay fresh, clean and orderly.
Here are the supplies you will need:
- Trash bags
- Dish soap
- Other cleaners you normally use
- Dishcloth or sponge
- Scrubber for stuck on food
- Basket to hold your cleaning supplies
- Basket or box for items you are removing from kitchen
- Broom, mop, and/or vacuum
A basket with a handle works well to hold your cleaning supplies. This is a very important step to keep your supplies together. It is very time consuming to have to stop what you are cleaning to find the cleanser, sponge or cloth.
Here Is What To Do:
- Fill your kitchen sink with hot, soapy water.
- Scrape off all of the dishes into the trash can or garbage disposal.
- Place the dishes that need to soak into the soapy water.
- Take out a trash bag. Go through your kitchen clearing it of trash from your countertops, floors, etc. You are only removing the trash at this point.
- Next, take the basket or box you have to gather together all the items that do not belong in your kitchen. You will put these items away after you finish cleaning the kitchen. Do not stop the cleaning process.
- Put all the items away that belong in the kitchen that are not in their proper places. This is not the time to rearrange your cabinets, drawers or countertops. Just put the items away.
- Load your dishwasher or wash the dishes by hand.
- Wipe down your countertops, appliances and sink.
- Wipe down the outside and inside of the microwave.
- Rinse out the rags and sponges.
- Sweep and mop or vacuum the floor.
- Take out the trash
- Run a sink of hot soapy water before food preparation begins. This is so as you use mixing bowls, cutting boards, knives, etc., you can quickly wash them and let them air dry. If you have a dishwasher, go ahead and place them in it.We have one of those micro drying cloths on the countertop next to the sink so as we wash and rinse the dishes that we do not put in the dishwasher, we lay them there to dry.
- Make cleaning up your kitchen a family affair. Have everyone rinse off their own dishes and eating utensils and put them in the dishwasher or in the sink after they are finished eating. If everyone pitches in, you will have the kitchen cleaned up in no time.
Doing these daily kitchen cleaning tips will make it a lot easier when the time comes for deep cleaning your kitchen. It also keeps your kitchen fresh and inviting.