Kitchen Deep Cleaning Tips
Here are some deep kitchen cleaning tips when you are ready to start your more thorough kitchen cleaning.
If you have not yet done your 15-minute kitchen cleaning, do it now with the exception of the floors. You will do them last.
The 15-minute kitchen cleaning will get rid of the dishes and clutter. Come back to this page after you have completed it.
Now to get to our kitchen deep cleaning tips.
Start from the ceiling and work your way down:
- Dust all around the room where the ceiling meets the walls. Especially, make sure you dust the corners well. I like using a vacuum with a HEPA filter. However, if your vacuum cleaner spews exhaust back into the room, you may end up spreading the same dirt and debris around the room. Electrostatic dusters are also good to use.
- Clean the tops of your kitchen cabinets. If the top of your cabinets are exposed, make sure you vacuum or dust up there. If you have things sitting on top of your cabinets, take them down, wash off and dry before you put them back.
- Clean the kitchen cabinets.
- Wash all of the dirty spots on the walls. Walls in the kitchen usually need to be washed more than any other room in your house. This is because of the food that gets splattered on them from using the mixer and blender. Also, it comes from the grease and grime of cooking.
- Dust and clean all the pictures and art that are on the walls. When cleaning these, never spray cleaner or water onto the frame. The liquid may get behind the glass and damage the pictures. Instead, spray onto a clean cloth and wipe the frame and glass.
- Wash off the air vents, door knobs, switch plates and doors.
- Dust and clean the ceiling fan(s). Use a gentle cleanser like Murphy’s Oil Soap on the blades. Take the fan’s light fixtures down and gently wash and dry them before replacing.
- Clean the kitchen Lights. If you have any other covered lights in your kitchen, take the covers off and wash, dry and then replace.
- Continuing on with more kitchen deep cleaning tips is to Remove the curtains, draperies and blinds. Wash or have them cleaned according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Vacuum and clean corners around the windows and windowsills. Wash the insides and outsides of the windows. Take down the screens, wash with soapy water, rinse off and let dry outside before putting back.
- Clean your oven.
- Clean the refrigerator.
- Unplug and wipe down all of your small appliances such as the toaster, blender, coffeepot, can opener, etc.
- Clean the microwave oven.
- Clean your dishwasher. Remove any food that is trapped in the bottom. Add one cup of baking soda to the empty dishwasher and run it through the rinse cycle. It will help get rid of the grime that builds on the inside of the machine, as well as freshen the smell of it.
- Wash down the outside of the dishwasher with mild soap and warm water.
- Wash down the kitchen countertops and backsplashes.
- Next, cleaning the kitchen floor.
- And the last one of our kitchen deep cleaning tips is clean your kitchen sink.